NMU has an academic program for your passion
Northern provides some of the most unique and immersive educational experiences anywhere.
You can follow a guaranteed pathway (known as an articulation agreement), search our transfer course database, and get personal guidance from an academic adviser (we call them Success Advisers). It's all about supporting your success at NMU so you can find your next chapter and follow your passion.
Compete for a full-ride scholarship at the Presidential Scholars Competition in Fall 2024 for new Fall 2025 students!
PTK students receive an extra $1,000 per year renewable scholarship! Just send proof of PTK membership like your certificate to the Admissions Office by email.
PLUS check out NMU's Transfer Merit Scholarships for in-state and out-of-state students, the Michigan Achievement Scholarship for residents, and Tuition Advantage (NMU could be tuition-free for you!).
Live how you want at NMU!
On-campus living has never been more comfortable and convenient. The Woods and the Quad provide a traditional, suite-style residence hall experience with community connections.
Or choose from one of NMU's on-campus apartments available in one, two, three, and four-bedroom options.
Learn about NMU's Honors Program
- See the personal advising and support you will receive in the program
- Get the details on lower division and upper division Honors, Summer Research Fellowships, and other special experiences
- Find out how a student in the Honors Program succeeds and thrives
- Check out the admissions process and scholarships you're eligible for - including a full-ride scholarship, automatic merit scholarships, and a special PTK scholarship just for you
Questions for NMU's Honors Program? Email email@example.com
Questions about transferring to NMU? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
It's time to visit!
See what this place is all about. Schedule your visit to campus.
Your visit can include a:
- Tour of campus led by a current student.
- One-on-one meeting with a faculty member in your program.
- Informal discussion with a Success Adviser about your transfer credits.
- Personal meeting with an admissions counselor to go over the next steps.
And much more!