Fisheries Track Curriculum (32 Credits)
Students in this program track are required to take the following core courses in addition to the other program requirements:
- BI 310 Ecology Theory and Methods
- BI 411 Limnology
- BI 412 Biostatistics
- BI 443 Aquaculture
- BI 460 Ichthyology
- BI 465 Aquatic Insect Ecology or BI 467 Fish Ecology
In addition to the above fisheries track core, students must also complete eight credits from a cluster of biology courses.
Completion of the fisheries track will result in meeting the academic requirements for professional certification in fisheries (American Fisheries Society).
There are a total of 120 credits required for students enrolled in this major. Students will complete 84 major-specific credits, along with 30-40 general education credits. The program curriculum includes:
- Required courses (32-37 credits)
- Physical science cluster (8 credits)
- Communication cluster (4 credits)
- Human dimensions cluster (8 credits)
- A specialty track (32 credits)