Finding Relief From Student Loan Debt
NMU is pleased to offer this opportunity to its employees and their family members!
Take advantage of a robust solution that can make a significant difference when it comes to student debt.1 Brought to you through TIAA and powered by Savi, this tool helps find the best federal repayment and forgiveness programs for your financial situation—plus it simplifies the long-term task of navigating the way to forgiveness.
- Caps your payment based on your income and family size
- Frees up funds that you can direct towards other financial goals
- Removes the complexities of forgiveness
You can use the Savi site and online Student Loan Checkup tool for free. Once you get educated about your options and see your potential savings, you can choose to apply for the programs yourself. Or, if you decide you'd like help enrolling, the Savi Essential Service is a fee-based service offering additional support.
Join an online webinar to find out how you can explore lowering your student loan payments and working towards forgiveness. Register here.
Savi Essential Service
This buy-up service streamlines the entire process, from helping you enroll in forgiveness programs to ongoing support and payment tracking, ensuring you remain on track from start to forgiveness. Here's a snapshot of what will happen.
- First, you need to enroll in Savi Essential Service.
- Next, provide your basic information. From there, Savi handles the rest—from checking your forgiveness application for accuracy and completion all the way to submission.
- After some verifications with us, which Savi handles, everything is sent to your loan servicer.
- You will receive reminders from Savi for ongoing things you may need to do afterward, like an annual submission to the PSLF program. That way you stay in compliance with all of the particulars that go along with forgiveness programs.
Please see the list of Frequently Asked Questions on the Savi site.
If you haven't yet, take a minute and find out how much you could lower your monthly payment. Visit tiaa.org/nmu/student today to calculate your savings.
- Between January 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019, based on Savi’s internal measurements, Savi users saw average projected savings of $1,880 per year.
- A portion of the fee may be shared with TIAA to offset costs to support the program. In addition, TIAA has a minority ownership interest in Savi.