Director of Bands
As Director of Bands at NMU, Dr. Stephen Grugin's duties include directing the NMU's Pride of the North Marching Band, the NMU Pep Band, and the Northern Michigan University Symphonic Band. He also teaches music history and literature, applied low brass, and low brass methods for instrumental music educators. He has a Ph.D. from Florida State University.
- The Development of a Methodology to Teach Harmonic Aural Skills to Students in High School Bands
- American Classic Trilogy: For Twelve Trombones
- Clinician for New Horizons Music Festivals
- Guest Conductor and Adjudicator throughout the Midwest
- Musical arrangements for marching bands including: Western Michigan University, University of Texas, University of Kentucky, Clemson University, University of Central Florida, Furman University, Miami University, University of Oregon, University of Wyoming, Northwestern University and Florida State University