- When auditing courses, a student does not receive credit for the course. The cost for auditing a course is the same as enrolling for credit.
- Students may be required by the academic department to meet all prerequisites for a course prior to granting permission to audit a class.
- Those students auditing a course are not normally required to take quizzes or exams.
- The instructor has the option of requesting a withdrawal from the course if a student's attendance is irregular or if the student does not complete the course work required by the instructor.
- At the end of the semester, students will receive a grade of "AU" (audit) on their transcript.
How to Audit a Course
To audit a course, the student must first register for the course. The student must have the permission to audit a course form filled out by the instructor and then return the form to the Student Service Center, 2201 C.B. Hedgcock by the ninth calendar day of a semester.