Below, please find two short videos explaining the SRA process.
*Please note: Your NMU Gmail log-in may be required to view the videos.
The following documents pertain to the procedure and process for the SRA
NMU Core Values - utilized as part of the template construction.
- Academic Program List - *Please note this list is a working copy and is subject to changes.*
- Support Program List - *Please note this list is a working copy and is subject to changes.*
- Academic/Support Task Force Charter
- Support Task Force Documents
- Academic Task Force Documents
The following are articles that have good commentary and information regarding similar situations and programs at other institutions, found in The Chronicle of Higher Education.
- Easing the Pain of Program Closings, by Katherine Mangan - "It's a dreaded but familiar exercise at colleges when budgets are tight and enrollment pools shrinking. There are ways, though, to minimize the distress for both faculty members and students."
- A College Weighs Its Priorities Before Making Cuts, by Katherine Mangan - "Morningside eased the pain by bringing faculty members aboard to evaluate and rank programs ahead of $2.7 million in spending reductions."
- What to Consider When Closing an Academic Program, by Peter D. Eckel - "Position your institution for the future, then proceed with caution."