If you have been involved in an incident of Prohibited Conduct such as relationship violence (dating violence/domestic violence), sexual misconduct (sexual assault, sexual exploitation, and sexual or gender-based harassment or stalking, it can be hard to know what to do or what your options are. You may find the information below helpful.  Please know you're not alone.

Your safety is the number one concern.  Go to a safe place and call someone you trust.  Call a friend, family member, or someone whom you feel close to help you.  If you are in immediate danger, call 911.

Consider contacting professional support to assist you.

Students may contact:
Counseling and Consultation Services
The NMU Wellbeing Center
Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.

All members of the University Community may contact:
Women’s Center – Marquette
1310 S. Front Street, Marquette

Emergency: 906-226-6611 or 1-800-455-6611

National Sexual Assault Hotline at 800.656.HOPE (4673). You’ll be connected to a trained staff member from a local sexual assault service provider in your area. They will direct you to the appropriate local health facility that can care for survivors of sexual assault. Some service providers may be able to send a trained advocate to accompany you.

Eligible faculty and staff:
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Call NorthStar directly to schedule your appointment:  906-225-3145