Scholarships at NMU
Northern Michigan University offers a wide variety of scholarships, both need- and merit-based, to its students. You may qualify for certain types of NMU scholarships that are applied automatically to your student account upon admissions. The NMU Financial Aid Office reviews each student account annually for eligibility. Students do not need to apply for these scholarships.
In addition, Northern's alumni and friends have generously donated many scholarships to assist NMU students. These scholarships must usually be applied for in order to receive consideration. The NMU Financial Aid Office and the NMU Foundation coordinate the annual scholarship application process for these scholarships. An e-mail is sent to student NMU accounts in December alerting students to the February application date and includes details for applying.
The School of Technology and Applied Sciences, which Technology and Occupational Sciences is a part of, is proud of the number of scholarships available to students in its programs. You can learn more about these scholarships below.
Construction Management Scholarships
Several Construction Management Scholarships are also offered through construction professional organizations:
The Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) Foundation Undergraduate Construction Education Scholarship
- Applicants must be of college sophomore or junior standing and enrolled full-time in a four- or five-year ABET or ACCE-accredited construction management or construction-related engineering program (high school seniors and college freshman are not eligible).
- 100 renewable scholarships are awarded annually in the amount of $2,500 for each year of undergraduate study (maximum, renewed award is $7,500).
- Applications must be postmarked November 1 of any submission year.
- For details, visit the AGC Web site.
National Association of Home Builders and National Housing Endowment
- For information on scholarships offered through the NAHB and NHE, visit their website.
National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC) Undergraduate Scholarship and Construction Trades Scholarship
- All applicants encouraged to apply by March 15 to compete for funds awarded in October of each year.
- $25,000 is awarded to worthy recipients studying in construction-related fields, with awards ranging from $1,000 to $2,000.
- For more details, visit the NAWIC website.