About the degree
This is the first northern climate, indoor growing degree program in the U.S.!
These interdisciplinary programs engage students in multiple aspects of indoor growing techniques, plant physiology, mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems, distribution and business practices.
Be part of the solution to the growing, global food crisis.
What you will learn
Students in this indoor agriculture program will have the opportunity to contribute diverse perspectives and become a part of the solution.
- Different growing systems: hydroponics, aquaponics and aeroponics
- Cutting edge indoor growing space design and construction, climate-control systems and facility functions
- Plant biology and their chemical and nutritional makeup
- Basic business and accounting practices to manage or own an operation
- How to reduce food insecurity, develop sustainable, pesticide-free food systems and integrate diverse perspectives to solve a growing, global food crisis
Farmers, Ranchers and Agricultural Managers
Projected job growth to 2029