Join Our Team!
If you are looking for an opportunity to gain some work experience and make money at the same time, on-campus employment may be perfect for you. The Housing and Residence Life Office employs nearly 250 students each year. Each residence hall offers part-time positions (see below). Resident adviser and community adviser applications become available November and February (watch for postings).
Working with the Housing and Residence Life is a unique experience, one where you will make great friends, have a lot of fun and make a difference in the lives of others. Although we typically fill open positions for the Fall Semester at the end of the previous school year, we occasionally have some openings due to schedule changes. If you are interested in applying for a position, please complete the application and return it to the Housing and Residence Life Office (3502 Hedgcock). Preference is always given to students who reside on campus and are Federal Work-Study qualified. Students are permitted to work 20 hours per week while they are enrolled in classes. Be sure to check out our student employee expectations.
Jobs specific to Housing and Residence Life are also listed below. NMU's Career Services provides a listing of all on- and off-campus jobs.
*Please note that these positions are Federal Work-Study preferred, and all students employed in these positions must be living on-campus.
- Custodian (Apartment and Residence Hall)
- Assist full-time staff to maintain a positive environment in an assigned residence hall or apartment area.
- Desk Receptionist
- Responsible for providing various desk services for residence hall students, conference participants, and other University guests and for minor maintenance and security of designated residence halls.
- Desk Supervisor
- The desk supervisor is responsible for supervising a residence hall desk operation and assigned staff in conjunction with ensuring that the services provided are beneficial to the students.
- Summer Security Assistant
- Responsible for security of residence hall facilities, equipment, and supplies, minor maintenance, and for initiating departmental response to emergency situations in residence halls after regular business hours and on weekends. This position is a live-in position.
- Resident Adviser and Community Adviser