Professor of Technology and Occupational Sciences
Heidi Blanck is a proud alumnus of the Construction Management program at Northern Michigan University. After receiving a Bachelor of Science in 2000, she entered the workforce as a Project Coordinator and Design Manager. Some of her primary duties included document maintainance, field coordination, project scheduling and purchasing for regional contractors as well as an international corporation. Heidi also has an Associate of Science in Architectural Technologies from Northern Michigan University which she tailored to her profession both in facilities management and residential design management. She earned a Master of Science in Training, Development and Performance Improvement at Northern Michigan University as well.
Professor Blanck joined the faculty team at her alma mater in 2011, and is fulfilling her dream of teaching and guiding students. Her experience in the construction and design fields have been instrumental in reshaping NMU's Construction programs to appeal to a much broader audience, and her enthusiasm continues to be unmatched.
In 2016, Heidi brought Women in Construction (WIC) activities to Northern Michigan University. She continues to plan and implement events aimed at encouraging young females to consider a career in the construction industry. Since the inaugural event, WIC Day (as it is now known) has been delivered multiple times at NMU, and also expanded to the Chicagoland area. She has hosted hundreds of young ladies, aged 7th through 12th grade. In addition to engaging Middle and High School students in construction related activities, the participants also interact with female NMU Construction students as well as female volunteers that come from a variety of construction trade and executive positions. Heidi's ongoing strategic goal is to continue to increase awareness and construction-related career opportunities for young women.
Heidi is an engaged member on a number of university-wide committees, and is active in the community through a variety of service projects that are aimed at improving learning opportunities for students. She is a co-adviser for the Northern Michigan Constructors, and is a tireless advocate for lifelong learning.
Heidi enjoys spending time with her husband, four children, multiple dogs and the chickens they raise. As a family, they hunt, fish and relax together when they are at the family camp.
- CN107 - Construction Project Documents
- CN110 - Construction Processes
- CN153 - Intro to Construction Design
- CN158 – Concrete and Masonry
- CN251 – Construction Field Operations
- CN252 - Codes and Inspections
- CN278 – Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Systems
- CN357 - Legal Aspects of Construction
- CN372 - Advanced Design and Conventions
- CN450 – Project Control
- CN455 - Property Development
- A.S. Architectural Technologies, Northern Michigan University ('99)
- B.S. Construction Management, Northern Michigan University ('00)
- CTE, AutoCAD, Northern Michigan University ('09)
- M.S. Training and Human Performance Improvement, Northern Michigan University ('13)