Handshake for Students and Alumni
- Search and apply for job opportunities (full-time, part-time, seasonal, internships, on-campus, off-campus) online 24/7 - with over 18,500 registered employers and thousands of posted jobs!
- Manage multiple resumes, cover letters, and other employment-related documents
- View major-specific jobs right to the top of your feed
- View and register for upcoming events - job fairs, interviews, workshops, etc.
- Much more!
- For a list of tutorials and Frequently Asked Questions, click here.
- Students: Log into MyNMU and click on 'Handshake' under the 'Student Services' tab. You will have access once you have registered for classes. When you first activate your account, you will be asked a series of profile questions.
- Alumni: Click here to log in and/or to create an account. After you create an account and want to log in, don't click on the NMU login; instead, click on 'Or log in using your Handshake credentials.'
Handshake has an app - perfect for a quick job and event search! Download the app today - 'Handshake Jobs & Careers!'
Handshake no longer supports Internet Explorer. Please use Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, or Safari 13+.
If you have taken a break from classes, your Handshake account may have been archived. Please log in to check your account. If it has been archived, you can easily request reactivation within your account. These requests are usually completed within 1-2 business days.
Questions? Contact Career Services.