Before you can work on-campus or off-campus, you are required to file certain documents with your employer. The chart below notes which forms are required and where you can get them.



Get The Form


Documents that you are eligible to work in the United States. 

This will need to be completed electronically. When you're hired, you will receive an email with a link to complete page 1. You then must complete page 2 with the department that hired you or with Human Resources.

You must bring original documents proving your identify and eligibility to work when you begin your new job (see acceptable documents here). 

You will receive via email.

Federal W-4 Documents the appropriate federal withholding tax.

Federal W-4 Form

Michigan W-4 Documents the appropriate state withholding tax.

Michigan W-4 Form

Direct Deposit Authorization Form Allows employees to have their net pay conveniently deposited into their bank account Direct Deposit Authorization Form

While most on-campus offices will have these forms available, you can save time by downloading a copy of each form, filling it out, and bringing it with you to the office that has hired you. They will make sure the form is forwarded to NMU Payroll (required before you will be paid).