About the Program
Do you have experience in the construction industry? Do you desire an advancing role, and better pay, but lack the degree? Would you succeed in an online learning environment?
If you said "Yes" to these questions, consider earning your bachelor's degree in Construction Management online from Northern Michigan University.
This is a degree for those who already have skills in the construction field. We welcome your experience and will award university credit for the knowledge you have gained in the industry.
Admission requirements include:
- Completion of supplemental application
- 7 years of documented construction industry experience (or equivalent)
- 3 professional letters of recommendation
- This is the only program of its kind offered in the U.S. for working professionals
- NMU is a Top 10 Construction Management program in the U.S.
- NMU was named a Top 5 Best Online Bachelor's Degrees in Michigan
- NMU was named a Top 10 Military Friendly Public School in the U.S.
- Affordable tuition + financial aid assistance
Custom-Made For You
- Enter the program at your level by testing in.
- Credits will be applied toward the degree based on your experience.
- Take your choice of required general education courses (30-40 credits) at your local community college, online from NMU, or transfer up to 90 previously earned credits.
- Continue earning a living while enjoying the flexiblity of online learning.
Graduates of NMU’s construction management program have a 95 percent placement rate within their field of study. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics forecasts a steady increase in construction management roles.
The average starting base salary exceeds $50,000 with higher earnings in metropolitan areas and niche market sectors. Fringe packages have been generous too, especially for positions that require significant travel. Median annual salaries for construction managers exceeds $82,000.
Where You Might Work
NMU construction management graduates are managing a variety of projects. Examples include (but are not limited to) airports, bridges, educational buildings, high voltage transmission systems, hospitals, motels, offices, places of worship, and more.
Some professional titles are estimators, field engineers, project managers, safety coordinators, schedulers, superintendents and various other executive titles.
Alumni have opportunities to be employed in the local area but most venture to regional and national areas and work for larger firms. Boldt, Hill & Wilkinson, M.J. Electric, Mortenson, Power, Walsh and Whiting Turner are a small sample of employers. Ambition and the ability to adapt to challenging situations are a few of the characteristics that are attractive to the many reputable firms that recruit at NMU.