Taking a summer class?
The summer financial aid application is now available.
- Log on to your MyNMU account
- Financial Aid Information
- Summer Financial Aid Application
- Answer the questions; actual enrollment affects eligibility
You will be sent an email to your NMU email address after your application is processed.
- If you are eligible for the type of aid you requested, you will receive instructions how to view and accept your summer financial aid eligibility.
- If no eligibility remains, you will receive an email that provides alternative options to consider including making monthly payments and applying for alternative student loans.
Your actual enrollment in summer courses will affect your financial aid. If you are enrolled less than half time, you will not have federal loan eligibility.
Please contact the NMU Financial Aid Office at 906-227-2327 if you have any questions.
Selected for Verification?
When a FAFSA is selected for verification, the school is required to verify the information inputted onto the FAFSA as being true and accurate. The verification process ensures all financial aid is awarded according to federal and state regulations, and MUST be completed before any federal financial aid, including federal student loans, and certain State and institutional aid, can be finalized.
If a family experiences situations such as the loss of a job, retirement, separation or divorce, death, or excessive out of pocket medical expenses not covered by insurance, they should complete a "Request for Re-Evaluation of Financial Assistance" and provide supporting documentation. Please feel free to contact our office to speak to a Financial Aid Counselor regarding your situation. "
Know Your Next Steps
If you are a continuing student or a student who has attended orientation and are enrolled in classes, learn where your financial aid offer is in the granting and notification process by checking your student financial aid online.