Completed forms can be returned by any of the following methods:
- Uploaded to your MyNMU Account
- Log in to your MyNMU account with your User ID and Password
- Click on the Financial Aid tile or search Financial Aid on the left-hand side.
- Scroll to Document Upload
- Log into your MyNMU account again
- You will be given instructions on how to use the Document Upload. Your document will be directed to our system to await reviewing and processing. Keep an eye on your MyNMU account for any updates.
- Email to FAO@nmu.edu (Please do not send sensitive information, such as dates of birth or Social Security numbers, via email.)
- Dropped off at the Financial Aid Office, 2107 C.B. Hedgcock
- Faxed to 906-227-2321
- Mailed to Financial Aid, Northern Michigan University, 1401 Presque Isle Avenue, Marquette, MI 49855
Complete a Release of Information Form.
In accordance with the Federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) (20.U.S.C. 1232g), also known as the Buckley Amendment, the Financial Aid Office and the Student Service Center are prohibited from releasing information concerning a student's financial aid, student account status and all financial records without written consent of the student.
If the student would like the Financial Aid Office and the Student Service Center to discuss their financial aid, student account status and all financial records with persons or agencies that are not covered under this law, please complete and sign a Release of Information form.
The Financial Aid Office will be responsible for addressing financial aid information, while the Student Service Center will be responsible for all billing related information.
- Release of Information Worksheet
- Household Verification Dependent Student Worksheet
- Household Verification Independent Student Worksheet
- Parent Verification of Income Information
- Dependent Student Verification of Income Information
- Independent Student Verification of Income Information
- Parent Data Worksheet
- Certificate of Dependent Support
- Citizenship Worksheet
- Identity and Statement of Educational Purpose - in Office
- Identity and Statement of Educational Purpose - Notary
- Child Support Paid Worksheet
- Parent Asset Worksheet
- Student Asset Worksheet
- College Savings and Pre-Paid Tuition Worksheet
- Special Circumstance Re-evaluation Parent Request
- Special Circumstance Re-evaluation Student Request
- Unusual Circumstances Appeal Form
- Cost of Attendance Budget Increase
- Request For Dependent Student To Receive Unsubsidized Loans Only