Welcome to Life at NMU!
Welcome to residence hall move-in for the 2021-2022 academic year! We look forward to having you join us and believe that your residence hall experience - the friendships you will make, the opportunities for involvement and learning available to you, and the support you will have from residence hall and other University staff - will add considerably to your NMU experience.
- Packing list
- We strongly suggest bringing additional face masks, hand sanitizer (we do not provide this), disinfectant cleaning products and a thermometer.
- Update 7/06/2020: No Air Fryers
- Loft kits
- Moving carts: Depending on your hall, carts or these big boxes called Ulines are available. There are limited quantities of these, so depending on the volume of residents moving in at a time, there might be a wait.
- Early arrivals - TBD
- Roommates: Most students, including those who have not known each other previously, become good roommates provided they take the time to get to know one another, make a sincere effort to cooperate and communicate, and make it a point to do things together at least occasionally. If you have roommate concerns, work with your residence adviser to explore your options.
- Assignment Adjustments: For the past several years the number of students we have assigned to our residence halls has been near capacity. This means that the Housing and Residence Life Office does not have the flexibility to make adjustments to room or roommate assignments. If you have a question or concern about your assignment, please contact us by email (email@example.com) and we will forward your question to the appropriate staff member for a response.
- TV's: To watch TV using NMU's digital cable service, you will need a digital-ready television with a QAM tuner. Regardless of the type of TV, whether it be LED, LCD, or plasma televisions, they must have the QAM tuner in order for them to work. If you are not sure about the compatibility of the television, a quick internet search of the television's make and model will confirm if the TV has the QAM tuner. Each house has a TV room, so it is not essential that you bring a television.
- I am no longer attending NMU: Please let us know in writing (email firstname.lastname@example.org) at your earliest convenience. By letting us know early, you may make it possible for us to move effectively respond to another resident’s residence hall preference.