Sign up to be notified when the 2024-2025 Housing Application goes live!
Steps to apply
- Login to MyNMU and enter the housing portal (found in the Housing and Residence Life block).
- Complete the residence hall application and pay your $50 application fee.
- Return to the Applications and Forms menu and select Advanced Payment to pay the $200 Advanced Payment.
- The ability to self-select a room during Room Selection (mid-May) is for those whose advanced payment ($200) is paid.
- The application process is not complete until the advanced payment is paid.
- The date and time the $200 advanced payment is paid will determine the time you will be able to participate in room selection. The earlier you pay the $200 advanced payment, the earlier you will be able to participate in room selection once it opens in May.
Mid May until mid July
- Participate in room selection.
- In order to participate in room selection, the advanced payment ($200) must be paid.
- If students do not select a room, Housing and Residence Life will auto assign students in mid-July.
- Residents receive their fall housing assignment via their NMU email address.
How to access the Housing Portal
Selecting your roommate
- To participate in roommate selection you must have:
- Completed your housing application
- Paid the $50 application fee
- Paid the $200 advanced payment
- Matched roommate means you have requested someone and that person confirmed your request.
- The system will only allow students of the same gender (the gender indicated on their admissions application) to pair as roommates. Gender inclusive housing is available upon request (contact our office with questions: 906.227.2620 or email@example.com).
- If you have a matched roommate who does not meet the criteria to select a room in one of the halls, those halls will not show up as an option for you when selecting a room/suite.
- Unsure who you want to live with?
- Create a profile in the Housing Portal to meet other residents
- Participate in orientation
- Let our office assign you based on your preferences and what’s available
Be sure to watch your NMU email for periodic notifications.
If you have a matched roommate it is essential that only one of you participate in this process.
- Login to the Housing Portal through your MyNMU.
- Select the Room Selection tab // Select a Room
- Select which hall you wish to live in. Once you do this:
- A list of available spaces for which you are eligible will appear. You are able to view how many spaces are available in each room.
- You will see the price of that room for the semester.
- Assign yourself to the room. Choose which space in the room you want to assign yourself to and which space you want to assign your roommate to.
- After you hit the I Agree button, it will take a few moments for the next page to load. Do not click refresh, back, or close the tab. Once you have completed this step, an email confirmation will be sent to your NMU email.
A $200 advanced payment is required to hold your bed. Once you move in for the Fall semester, the payment will be released to your student account.
- This must be paid by 9PM EST the day prior to reserving your bed. To make this payment, log into the housing portal, choose the Application and Forms option, and open the Advanced Payment application.
- If your roommate has not completed their advanced payment, they will not show up when you go to select and assign your roommate group to a room and your intended bed for them will not be held. Additionally, they will not be automatically pulled into your selected room.
If you need to make adjustments to your dining plan you may do so through the Housing and Residence Life portal on your MyNMU account. Once you have selected the Housing portal, choose "Dining Plan" on the top menu. No dining changes will be accepted online after August 20, 2023. After 8/20/2023, all meal plan changes can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Dining Services in the Wildcat Express Center, Room 1227 in the Northern Center.