- NMU was recognized with the Engaged Campus of the Year Award by Michigan Campus Compact on April 24, 2013.
- 2012-13 NASPA Excellence Silver Award in the category of titled careers, academic support, service-learning, community service, and related.
- "Leadership Education as Character Development: Best Practices from 21 Years of Helping Graduates Live Purposeful Lives" by Jon C. Barch, Rachel Harris, and David L. Bonsall was published in the Journal of College and Character, Volume 13, Issue 4, ISSN (Online) 1940-1639, DOI: 10.1515/jcc/-2012-194, November 2012.
- “The Community as a Classroom: Fostering and Measuring Leadership Development for More than 20 Years,” by David Bonsall, Jon Barch, and Rachel Harris was published in Campus Activities Programming in the November/December 2012, Vol. 45, No. 5 issue.
- “A Flexible Student Development Program for Today’s Incredibly Busy Student” by Dave Bonsall, Rachel Harris, and Seth Hill-Kennedy was published in the American College Personnel Association (ACPA) College Student Educators International online newsletter in the Spring 2010 issue.
- “Involved” was published in Northern Michigan University Horizons, Fall 2008.
- “Superior Edge at Northern Michigan University: Retention through Service” by Brandon Seng, in Compact 2008.
- “Superior Edge: Learning to Live a Life That Matters” by David Bonsall and Rachel Harris was published in Campus Activities Programming in May 2007.
- “Michigan Campus Compact Member Spotlight: Northern Michigan University: Retention Through Service,” 2006.
- "Lasting Impacts of an AQIP Pathway Action Project on Student Learning," by Rachel Harris, Geneva Martin, and Paul Duby at the Higher Learning Commission Annual Conference in April 2016.
- "Superior Edge: Learning to Live a Life that Matters," by Rachel Harris and Dave Bonsall at NACA (National Association for Campus Activities) in March 2012.
- “Superior Edge,” by Rachel Harris at Academic Service Learning Conference in July 2011.
- “The Co-Curricular Storm: Growth of a Campus-Wide Initiative,” by David Bonsall, Rachel Harris, and Seth Hill-Kennedy at NASPA Student Affairs Administrative in Higher Education Conference on March 10, 2010.
- “Enhancing and Institutionalizing Academic Service Learning: Integrated Planning Plus a Little Dumb Luck (utilizing Superior Edge as the vehicle),” by David Bonsall at Michigan Campus Compact in February 2009.
- “Learning without Limits: Extending Co-Curricular Learning to All Students,” by David Bonsall, Rachel Harris, and Seth Hill-Kennedy at American College Personnel Association (ACPA) in March 28-April 1, 2009.
- “Superior Edge: The World Doesn’t Get Better by Itself,” by Rachel Harris, Gavin Telfer, Seth Hill-Kennedy, and Skyla Vandervest at the National Collegiate Leadership Conference on February 16, 2008.
- “Shaping our College Graduates: Learning to Live a Life that Matters,” by Rachel Harris and David Bonsall at the American College Personnel Association (ACPA) and NASPA Student Affairs Administrative in Higher Education Joint Conference on April 2007.
- “ePortfolios to Assess Experiential Student Learning and Outcomes: An Implementation Story” by Sandra Poindexter, Kathleen Thompson, and Rachel Harris at the Sloan-C Conference in November 2006.